Pages

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Morning Inspiration

The alarm goes off before I want it to, but the truth is I've been awake for twenty minutes already.  My mind is buzzing with the things I need to do today, should do today, could do today.  I have visions of a homemade breakfast and perfectly done hair, but my sleepiness weighs on me and says, "There's not time for all that.  You know you're going to end up rushing around and barely make it out the door."

So... I close my eyes and take a deep breath.  I start to imagine the ingredients in my humble kitchen and mentally concoct some southwest egg muffins using tomatoes, green chiles, some ready made steak and lots of eggs.  I remind myself there's a fresh pitcher of iced coffee in the fridge from yesterday and little by little, I gain motivation to get up.

The thought that finally prompts me to action is the remembrance of the lovely feeling I have when I use my Rodan and Fields Anti-Age mask.  White and creamy, fresh smelling and rejuvenating, it feels like luxury on an ordinary morning.  I sit up, yawn and stretch, tell my husband I love him and plod into the bathroom.  Now in my robe, I smooth the mask on my face and head to the kitchen while the mask purifies my skin and tightens my pores.

A few minutes later...

So, here I am, the smell of breakfast in the air, clean, wet hair in a towel, my face feeling soft and comfortable.  I feel my energy and hopefulness for the day ahead and know that I am a better person for popping up and indulging in a lovely morning routine.

What do you do while wearing your Anti-Age mask?




   

No comments:

Post a Comment